Tuesday, January 27, 2009

39 weeks....

We went to the doctor today, Tuesday, January 27th to find out that I have not progressed much. I am now 39 weeks along and as much as I was hoping Dr. Garrard would say go straight to the hospital NOW, we found out we will be headed to the hospital on Sunday afternoon. I will be given some medication to help "ripen" the cervix and then some to help me sleep. We will spend Sunday night at the hospital and Dr. Garrard said he hopes to be at the hospital around 6:00 Monday morning to break my water and start the labor process. Of course this is all new to us, so we will just take everything as it comes. At least Jason has the Super Bowl to watch while we are in the hospital Sunday night!!! Too bad he doesn't get any medicine to help him sleep!

Jason and I are still hoping that Chapman will come on his own before Sunday, but if not, Chapman should arrive on Monday, February 2nd! We can't wait to meet our son and can't wait for everyone else to meet him either! We appreciate all the thoughts and prayers during this time. We pray that we will have a safe and healthy delivery! Next time I update, hopefully it will be with some pictures of our little Chapman!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

I am so excited I can hardly stand it! CANNOT WAIT to meet sweet baby Chapman! This baby is going to bring ya'll more joy than you ever could imagine. Love you guys.

Family Snodgrass said...

How wonderful, Rebecca! I LOVED being induced. It's really nice to have it all controlled and monitored. Takes a lot of guessing and worrying out of the process. You'll do great! Can't wait to see pictures of Chapman!

The Howell's said...

Good luck tomorrow and Monday, I know you are so excited! I can't wait to see pictures!